Followers

MY PRODUCTS FOR SALE ON ZAZZLE.COM

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

THE UPS AND DOWNS OF CREATING......


Sometimes there are days when I hit a complete drought where creating is concerned.  I will nearly always start off with a beautiful antique postcard as my first inspirational piece.  Then from that place go absolutely no where!  Believe me I mean no where!!

I will sit and look at the image for ages waiting for something to click and settle in my mind and it never comes.  This image was a perfect example!  There have been times I have abandoned an image because I am in such a rut in regards to ideas and vision.  This young girl is so beautiful that I felt sure I would be romping along but no, after a couple of days of hacking in bits and pieces I was no nearer a finished design.

The hardest part of this design was if you would believe it the background!  I tried so many before I got to the simple sky idea.  Wish I had though of it earlier and from that jumping off point I was off and running.

Sometimes it can be so frustrating but when you do finally get to the point where it all works and comes together it is magical.

I hope you enjoy this new Fairest Of Them All Collection and have a great weekend of creating!

You can find this new range in my Etsy store YOUR CRAFT EPHEMERA by clicking HERE.

I am sharing this blog post today with Beverley at HOW SWEET THE SOUND pink Saturday.  Stop by for a visit you can find it by clicking HERE.

3 comments:

  1. OH my yes, it happens! I love this beautiful girl! Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dear Maureen,
    How glad I came back and looked around, today or I would have missed you.

    Your Fairest Of Them All Collection is lovely and I love this girl with the turquoise background with the pink roses. Just perfect!

    My creativity takes a nose dive often and especially if I am working on the item, pillow, bag, etc. I go and look at my files of pictures to get going again. That usually works, but there are times when I just have to go about doing other things and let the creating go for a bit.
    Love to you!
    Jil ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maureen,
    I just popped over to say "hi!" I hope that all is going great with you!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete